Regent Life Insurance is a fully licensed life assurer with representation all over South Africa. Regent Life Insurance forms part of the Regent Group, a subsidiary of the Imperial group of companies. As part of this diversified group, Regent Life Insurance adopts a culture of innovation, entrepreneurship and compliance to industry-specific best practices. As a market leader in the industry, the company offers an exceptional range of superior life assurance products and short-term insurance.
Lifestyle Protection Plan
The Regent Life Insurance Lifestyle Protection Plan provides credit life cover designed to protect your family and loved ones against the burden of outstanding credit commitments in the event of your retrenchment, permanent disability or death. The Lifestyle Protection Plan gives you the peace of mind of knowing that you are protected during the period of your indebtedness up until the debt has been repaid in full. There are different types of benefits available with the Lifestyle Protection Plan:
- Immediate Full Cover: Depending on the plan and benefits selected, Immediate Full Cover entitles you to lodge a claim between the date of inception of the finance agreement and date on which the first installment is due and payable.
- Death: The Lifestyle Protection Plan will settle outstanding finance agreements or credit in the event that your death occurs before the applicable exit age.
- Total and Permanent Disability: In the event that total and permanent disability occurs before the age of 69, the Lifestyle Protection Plan pays a lump sum equivalent to the death benefit.
- Temporary Total Disability: In the event of an illness or injury which renders you unable to earn an income before the age of 69, the Lifestyle Protection Plan pays the monthly instalment on the outstanding credit agreements until you have achieved full recovery from the illness or injury.
- Personal Catastrophe: The Lifestyle Protection Plan will settle your outstanding loan agreements or credit should it happen that you are diagnosed with a permanently disabling condition such as heart attack, paraplegia, blindness, cancer etc before the age of 69.
- Retrenchment: The Lifestyle Protection Plan Retrenchment Benefit pays out the monthly installment due on your finance agreements in the event that you are retrenched before the age of 69. Payments will be made for a maximum of 3 months and cover is available for two separate retrenchment incidents.
- Hospitalisation: In the event that you are hospitalised for more than 7 consecutive days, the Lifestyle Protection Plan hospitalisation benefit will pay out the monthly instalment due on your credit agreements for a maximum of three payments.
Regent Life Insurance offers an innovative range of funeral plan options which are designed to ensure that your family does not have to pay for funeral arrangements. Funeral cover is available for the Main Life Assured, the spouse and up to six children. The Regent Life Insurance death benefit is a lump sum payment issued to your nominated beneficiaries in the event of your death. In the event that the death of the Main Life Assured is accidental, a double lump sum payment becomes payable.
Lifestyle Value-Added Services
Regent Life Insurance through its CareLine offers value-added services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This benefit is available to the Main Life Assured, the spouse and dependent children below the age of 21 years. Value-added services include telephonic medical advice, claims assistance, roadside assistance, medical emergency and guaranteed hospital admission.
Regent Life Insurance contact details: