Serious / Severe / Critical Illness / Dread Disease Cover
It seems more and more people have an illness nowadays. But fact is that more people can now survive illnesses once thought to be fatal.
Still, the illness can leave you with less mobility or health. Even more, the impact a heart attack, stroke or cancer can have on your life and the lives of your loved-ones should not be underestimated.
Good medical treatment is costly and with a diminished ability to work could be difficult to pay for.
What is critical illness cover?
Critical illness cover offers financial protection against severe illnesses such as heart attack, stroke, cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s. It also covers injuries from accidents such as the loss of limbs, paraplegia, major burns or brain damage. It pays out a tax-free lump sum you can use in any way you like.
Why you need critical illness cover
Critical illness benefits can provide funds to:
• Access medical technology that is not covered by medical aid.
• Cover for reduced income in case of diminished ability to work.
• Pay for additional expenses such as mobility aids, special equipment or structural changes.
Choosing the right critical illness cover
Things you need to know when investing in critical illness cover:
• Different options, such as standalone or combined with life cover
• What illnesses are covered
• If the terms are fixed or reviewable