PinnAfrica Life Insurance is a short-term and long-term insurance company which was established in 1997. PinnAfrica Insurance Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd and PinnAfrica Life Limited were initially wholly-owned subsidiaries of UK based Pinnacle Insurance PLC which ultimately formed part of the renowned French based BNP Paribas Group of Companies. However in 2009, the company was acquired by local insurance giant, Lombard Insurance Company Limited. PinnAfrica Insurance Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd continues to fulfil its role as the specialist consumer credit protection insurance underwriter for Lombard’s and PinnAfrica’s life product range. As part of this recognised and respected Lombard group of companies, PinnAfrica Life Insurance enjoys a reputation of impeccable financial credentials, reliability and exceptional customer service.
Accidental Death Benefit Protection
The PinnAfrica Accidental Death Policy provides protection against retrenchment, hospitalization or death. In such cases, the policy pays a lump sum benefit upon the occurrence of the following claim events:
- A lump sum amount is paid to the beneficiary in the event of death caused by violent, accidental or external means.
- In the event that the main life assured is retrenched, this type of cover pays a monthly installment on the nominated debts such as personal loan payments, vehicle finance and mortgage bond. Payments are made available up to the maximum amount specified in the chosen option or until the main life assured secures alternative means of income.
- In the event that you are hospitalized, this policy will pay a monthly installment on the nominated debts up to a maximum of 3 months or up to the maximum amount specified on the chosen option.
Credit Life Protection
- The PinnAfrica Credit Life Cover is available in the event that the main life assured has a finance agreement or debt. In such cases, the cover pays the monthly installment or outstanding balance under a finance agreement.
- Covered events include Critical Illness, Permanent Total Disability and Death.
- Relevant age and health eligibility criteria apply and the policy expires when the client reaches the age of 65 years.
PinnAfrica Contact Details:
Tel: (011) 244 1300